WP42 Virtual Kick-Off Meeting

Agenda

  • Welcome
  • WP42 Objectives
  • Vision and Alignment with other WPs
  • D42.1 Outline
  • Communication Strategies, Success Indicators
  • Planning and Resources
  • Discussion and next Steps

Minutes

Participants

  • Sharon McMeekin (SM)
  • John Lindström (JL)
  • Gerald Jäschke (GJ)
  • Barbara Bazzanella (BB)
  • Mark Guttenbrunner (MGut)
  • Panos Georgiou (PG)
  • Mariella Guercio (MGue)
  • Holger Brocks (HB)

WP42 Objectives

  • BB: Possible "products": e-Learning platform, summer school (UNITN Contribution: Persistent Identifiers)
  • GJ: Influence curricula, HB: possibly through round-table discussions with stakeholders (see below)

Vision and Alignment with other WPs

  • BB: APARSEN (website) as central/global access point (provider...mediator)
  • JL: There should be feedback mechanisms for WP42 on the APARSEN website
  • HB: Alignment with WP43 in progress, WP42 part of Spreading Excellence WPs
  • GJ: Recognition of credits earned (especially for academia)
  • HB: D42.1 as "continuation" of D43.1(, extending w.r.t. to elicitation of gaps based on D43.1 issues)
  • HB: Alignment of supporting IT infrastructure WP43 CMS, WP42 eLearning/Moodle
  • HB: WP43 focusses on course content (independent courses/tutorials... "stand-alone"), WP42 focusses on curricula (professional framework/programme/certification... "continuous")

D42.1 Outline

  • MGue: Introduce additional community-specific categories in academia (=> Section 2.1.1)
  • MGue: Relevant university courses need to be identified, appropriate assessment dimensions have to be specified (=> Section 2.2)
  • MGue: "Persistence" of resources needs to be considered w.r.t. to continuity (=> additional subsection in 2.2)
  • MGue: Strategies for maintaining continuity (through APARSEN?!) might need to be discussed
  • GJ, HB: D42.1 desk-based
  • GJ: Visualization of results might not qualify as separate subsection
  • GJ: Introduce access criteria and accreditation (=> 2.2)
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
HolgerBrocks 2012-04-27 Update D42.1 structure, add additional assessment dimensions 2012-05-23 edit

Communication Strategies, Success Indicators

  • HB to set up wiki topics for communication strategies, success indicators. See the final draft of D44.1 (April 23, 2012) for details about other Spreading Excellence WPs.
  • HB: Possible round-table discussion (on curriculum development, ...) with stakeholders from academia as WS @APA conference
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
HolgerBrocks 2012-04-23 Create Wiki topic for sucess indicators and communication strategy 2012-04-23 HolgerBrocks edit
Wp42Group 2012-04-27 Provide input to success indicators and communication strategy 2012-05-23 edit

Planning and Resources

  • All WP42 partners to inform HB about their planning and expected contributions
  • GJ: GLOBIT eLearning/educational platform provided as SaaS, ~1month setup time expected
  • GJ will demonstrate GLOBIT e-Learning platform in next meeting, HB to schedule corresponding agenda slot
  • UNITN: contribution to Task 4210 with a special focus on PIs and digital preservation
  • UNITN: contribution to Task 4220 -> Definition of one (or more) module course on PIs and providing/collecting teaching material on this topic
  • SBA: contributions to Task 4220 and 4230: Working with other institutions in the consortium on identifying already existing courses and developing a course from all these, providing teaching material from the courses we teach
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Wp42Group 2012-04-27 Provision of details about planning and expected contributions 2012-05-23 edit

Discussion and Next Steps

  • HB to send out Doodle poll for next virtual meeting, most likely to take place somewhere in the 2nd half of May 2012
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
HolgerBrocks 2012-04-27 Setup of Doodle poll for next meeting in 2nd half of May 2012 2012-04-27 Wp42Group edit

-- HolgerBrocks - 2012-04-10

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r18 < r17 < r16 < r15 < r14 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r18 - 2012-06-12 - HolgerBrocks
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback